Around 8.5 percent more ships called at the ports in December 2021 from a month ago and 0.3 percent more from a year ago, bringing in 52 percent more cargo in terms of net tonnage from November 2021 and 0.3 percent more from December 2020.
These figures have been released by the Planning and Statistics Authority in its monthly report featuring key statistics of the country for December 2021.
The report also showed an increase in the Market General Index points, at a monthly rate of 2.1 percent and at an annual rate of 11.4 percent. December 2021 also witnessed an increase in total deposits and credit facilities of commercial banks by 1.1 percent and 0.2 percent respectively as against those in November 2021. The total deposits and credit facilities of commercial banks increased at an annual rate of 7.6 percent and 7.8 percent respectively.
In the banking sector, total broad money supply (M2) stood at QR608.5 billion during December 2021, up 1.4 percent from a year ago. On the other hand, cash equivalents including commercial bank deposits stood at QR974.1 billion during December 2021, up 7.6 percent from December 2020, when deposits stood at approximately QR905 billion.
The report also said the municipalities in Qatar issued 672 permits during December 2021, recording a monthly decline of 16.2 percent and an annual decline of 30.9